MY SKINCARE

Skincare is very important for me. It's something I do, no matter what (even after a night at the club).

Skincare starts from the inside... 
I make sure that I take my vitamins and a biotin supplement. Both claim to be for beauty and skincare. I do want to take that natural, organic route, but as of right now I am starting with this because it's economical for me.
Then there's my Lean Shake from GNC. I love this stuff and I only buy the Vanilla flavor, because it just goes well when I make smoothies with it.
I've been drinking Lean Shake for the past year and it's a great alternative for when you're in a rush in the morning. It's kinda like Slim fast, but not really.
 The label states that it's a "Healthy meal replacement". Loaded with vitamins and minerals. Made with Oats, Milk and Soy. I do use this a part of my diet regimen. I make sure that I have this in the morning, mixed in with a smoothie, which consist of any frozen fruit and 8oz of Light Vanilla flavored Soy or Coconut milk, instead of water. What I love to do is take those really ripened bananas and freeze them, banana is my definite favorite fruit in the world and it really compliments any smoothie.
Pretty Ripened 
Pretty Frozen












Lets move on to the outside….



Morning and Night, Cleansing and Moisturizing 

A little background on my skin: I have very oily, combination (oddly during the winter), sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have done a lot of trying different products and figuring out what works for me and what doesn't. These products are the ones that have been working for me. So far, I consider Cetaphil and Mario Badescu to be my favorite skin products! 
Now it's time to implement the outside skincare routine. My ritual for morning and night cleansing are very similar. Both consist of my Clarisonic Mia 2 and my Cetaphil  cleanser, at Night time I just add the Boscia Cool Cleansing Oil to simply remove any eye makeup. 
So, morning time I cleanse with my Cetaphil using my Clarisonic. Lightly pat my face with a towel, I like to keep my face damp. I feel like my moisturizer sinks in better when my face is damp. 


My three favorite moisturizers are Olay Complete for Sensitive skin with SPF 15, MAC Fix+, and (I'm really loving this one a lot) Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer with SPF 30. Cetaphil has launched a line of skin products ( just a cleanser and a moisturizer) that targets Oily and Acne-prone skin. My makeup applies very smoothly when I have the Cetaphil moisturizer on, I love how my make up looks! 



These are another two favorites, which I only use at night or under my tinted moisturizer.







As for my night time routine, like I mentioned before, it's the same as the morning with some extras. So, again I cleanse and depending on whether I have some breakouts I will use my Mario Badescu Silver Powder. It's a powder that goes on like a mask, and amazingly makes the breakout disappear once it's washed off. I love the Silver Powder and I swear by it and I would recommend it to anyone who has acne prone skin and is allergic to the ingredients in Pro-Active! I will admit that it does dry up your skin so I recommend a good moisturizer after….So, after I have washed the Silver powder off, I pat my face with a towel. I make sure that I do not dry my face, that my face remains damp and then I apply my Night Retinol cream; Philosophy's Help ME. I'm still trying this product out, I like it and I've only noticed a small difference in my face…so I don't know if I would repurchase this again, the good thing is that it hasn't broken me out, so I have just continued to use it….On top of the Help Me cream, I apply my Cetaphil cream to prevent flaky, dry skin. 
For spot treatment I use Mario Badescu's Buffering lotion, a definite miracle product, I love it, this is my second bottle. As for their Drying Cream, I use it to simply pamper my skin and tighten pores before a night out.

As of right now I am looking for an eye cream, that just moisturizes…If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Well, that's really it…let me know what you think….and thanks for reading.
xo

Comments

Popular Posts