Favorite Drug-Store Makeup!



I have to say, I have always lived by "You get, what you pay for…". But sometimes, I can't have all the high-end make-up….though the packaging and the sensual smell, that tickles my nose hairs, of high-end makes it hard to not empty out my bank account….
Though I'm writing this, I have not really bought a lot of crazy amounts of make up, just products that I was running out of, or a lipstick that was rare, not in my collection, and a definite must have.
Just recently, to my surprise I ran across a new foundation which than led me to write this post….BTW, you know how some girls have a concealer, nail polish obsession..well I am a huge Foundation JUNKIE!!
Mind you, the last drug store foundation I used was also my first and it was the Maybelline DREAM Matte Mousse foundation. Wasn't really a winner, than again I wasn't really familiar with the whole prepping thing before applying the foundation routine.
Well, after that I tried a few more other drug-store foundations and they were just simply horrible…especially Revlon Colorstay for Oil/Combination formula. The Smell was a negative, the shade range was another negative and finally it just was too cakey for me.
I swore off drug-store foundations, until REVLON COLORSTAY WHIPPED came out.
After watching my favorite Youtube guru's claiming this to be the best, and reading all the great reviews….I had to give it a try and... I am shocked by how great this foundation is!!!
I picked up shade 240 Natural Beige, as a reference I am a NC 30 in MAC. The foundation once applied may be a little light, but it sinks and blends effortlessly into the skin and it does last all day. This is a keeper, and I'm glad I found a foundation that I can buy without a guilt trip.
With that said, I really want to mention 4 more items that I love and that are HG for me:
*Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 004 Black Brown
  Such a favorite of mine, just adds a nice natural thickness with out looking DRAWN in.
*CoverGirl Natural Lash Mascara Gel
  I've been using this for years and I haven't strayed away from it. It does the job keeping     my brows in check!
*L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara….really like this. It gives me length that I can't find anywhere else, just wish they had the waterproof version in the U.S.!!
*Maybelline DREAM Matte powder is hands down the best setting powder for Oily skin!!
Worst case scenario, you can always return them as long as you have a receipt...

Comments

Popular Posts