HAIR TALK/Belated Valentines Gift….arrived today!! (PT 1)

*Warning: This is a long post*

I know that Valentines day has come and gone, but on that special day the MR. decided to give me an option; money or a gift (of his choosing)? I know it may not sound romantic, but I completely get it(together for 7 years and married for 2) and in my case “MONEY is (always) a Girls BEST FRIEND!!”

So, I took the cash/credit card and hit the pavement running home to order my gift….and today was the day that I got my Valentines gift.
So, what did I get?
Well, I got something that I needed as a backup. It’s definitely an item that I hold close to my heart and love immensely….my MAXIGLIDE(sounds like a dildo’s name, but it’s far from that). It’s a flat iron. Not just any flat iron, it’s the flat iron of ALL flat irons. 
It’s the ONLY flat iron that has ever straighten my hair, without having to blow it out. 


Purchased through Shopnbc.com . Came with a storage bag, a full size leave-in conditioner, full size deep conditioner, a brush(I prefer my tangle teazer). A generous sample size of shampoo and conditioner, a temporary straightener solution(which smells amazing) and a small sample of THE END serum (basically a Frizz-Eaze serum, but better).


My hair type is damage/dry, voluminous, curly/wavy, and FRIZZY. I used to go Uptown (NY) in the beginning to straighten my hair by the Dominicans, every week. That would be 2 hours in the Salon, and 25 dollars out my pocket. Considering the price, and what I have heard other girls paying to straighten their hair, 25 dollars is a bargain! Mind you, I would get a deep conditioner, rollers, and the greatest blow out….but priorities change in life and I just couldn’t make my hair appointments anymore, nor dish out the money…
Then I got the Japanese Chemical Straightener, which was a good idea at the time but the upkeep was a pain. Once your hair starts to grow out, you have your curly roots while the rest of you hair was pin straight. At times, it just didn’t feel like it was my hair.

Eventually my hair grew out enough for me to cut off the straight ends and have hair… 

After a year of just letting my hair breathe, I really wanted to get back into straightening my hair for the special occasions and during the winter months but I didn’t want to go and sit in a salon anymore….and one lazy SUNDAY morning(I still remember the day), I saw that infomercial that changed my styling needs forever. THE MAXIGLIDE!!

Before, my natural hair on a good day
on a bad frizzy kinda day



and

After 
most recent picture…






















Mind you, I have the original one that came out about 3-4 years ago. (This is way before the birth of the Instyler, and I still don’t understand how this tool became such a hit.)
At that time they had 2 different strength versions of the maxiglide, they had one for normal-fine textured hair and another one for kinky/unruly textured hair. I have the kinky/unruly version. My life has not been the same since….I wash my hair in my OWN bathroom, condition it with my OWN deep conditioners, and I prep my hair with my OWN styling products that only work for me and finally, I get to walk around in my undies and eat a bowl of cereal while straightening my hair….the comfort of being home, and knowing that NO one else's hair has touched MY tools. It’s a great feeling ladies, and that is what the Maxiglide has done for me. 

Fastforward 3-4 years, my bad boy isn’t looking as fresh as it did and I figured I had to get a backup, just incase if the unthinkable ever happened…and here it is, my gift….the SONICGLIDE! The newest version from the Maxius brand. 
I would have opt’d for same the flat iron as a back up, but unfortunately they have decided to discontinue it. I don’t know why, the flat iron was a miracle and nothing needed to be changed…

Anywhoo…this has dragged on long enough…I will do a comparison between the two, side by side pictures and finally my thoughts on this beauty….

Would LOVE to know your thoughts on the Maxiglide or Sonicglide….

xo

Comments

Popular Posts